Web Site Usability Evaluation Services Will Improve Your User’s Experience
Web Site Usability Evaluation Services By WebSiteOptimization.com
Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace requires well-designed, easy-to-navigate web sites that meet the objectives of your clients and users. Your organization’s Web presence, web applications, and other software products must be designed to enhance your brand, rather than detract from it. Web Site Optimization, LLC (WSO) can help you meet these needs. We provide usability evaluations to ensure that your web site is meeting the needs of your intended users.
Why Do I Need a Usable Web Site?
Web site usability involves enhancing your web site so that the content is understandable and the interface meets your users needs. Statistics show that if a user has had a negative experience it can result in a loss of repeated visits or sales. According to a recent study by DoubleClick, currently around 57% of all shopping cart sessions are abandoned. When a user has a bad experience on a website, on average they tell about 10 other people. Credibility and reputation are all-important for Web success (Fogg 2003). By ensuring that your website is usable, you are more likely to increase productivity, guarantee repeated visits, and thus increase your revenue.
Usability is a combination of factors that affect a user’s experience with your product or system, including ease of learning, efficiency of use, error frequency and severity, and satisfaction. Common problems that affect a user’s experience are:
- Confusing navigation
- Slow loading times
- Difficulty for first-time and infrequent users to learn the interface quickly
- Inordinate length of time to accomplish tasks
- Trouble remembering the interface or process on return visits
- Frequency of errors in the system, or difficulty in recovering from them
- Lack of satisfaction with the overall design of the system
If your web site design or software interface does not take into account the userâ€™s experience and these factors, the end result could be a loss of revenue from dissatisfied users who bailout of your site, looking for easier clickings. Remember, you only have one chance to make a good first impression.
The Solution: Website Usability Analysis
Have the Website Usability experts at Web Site Optimization make your Web site easier to use. This will enhance the credibility of your brand, attract more users, and help boost company profits. Some benefits of our Web site Usability Analysis Service include:
- Improved download times
- Improved consistency in navigation flows
- Decreased cost of customer/user support
- Easier to understand design for users
- Reduced site maintenance costs
- More repeat visits
Web Site Usability Services
- User Interface Expert Evaluations
- Expert usability reviews are a fast and economical route to improving the usability of your web site. Our team approach delivers actionable recommendations which are based on extensive Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Internet experience.
- Front-end Concept Evaluations
- User-centered design involves the use of up-front user analysis to make sure the navigational flow and organization of the site are designed to meet end-user expectations before the programming of the site gets underway. Techniques for this phase of the design process include: analysis of user requirements, generation of the user interface architecture, creation of alternative user interface prototypes, and testing of alternative designs with representative users. This service is particularly valuable for designing successful e-commerce and web applications.
- Usability Evaluations
- Usability research studies are typically conducted by observing users as they perform a variety of typical tasks. This testing provides insight into problems that users encounter by collecting data on their experience and problems encountered performing those tasks. We will provide you with a detailed report with actionable recommendations based on the types of analyses performed.
- Focus Groups
- Focus group sessions are face-to-face conversations with users that provide feedback on a particular design. These sessions vary from usability evaluations in that the users do not complete tasks, but instead gather to discuss their design preferences and initial reactions to a design. We will provide you with a detailed report with actionable recommendations.
For more details about our Web Site Usability analysis services, call 877.SITEOPT (877.748.3678) or contact us.
- Fogg, B.J. (2003).
- Persuasive technology: Using computers to change what we think and do. A clean, professional design had the most effect on perceived web site credibility. Credibility is, in large part, how user evaluate which web sites to trust to buy from. San Fransisco: Morgan Kaufmann.